Here are some characteristics and samples of domains that are good fits for Root Orange and others that are not.
Domains that are a good fit for Root Orange:
- Are typically 1-3 words in length
- Describe a product or service delivered at the local level
- Have local advertisers for the keyword phrase in the domain name
- Are terms a small business would identify with and want to use to market their business
Domains that Aren’t Good for Root Orange and Why
- Domains with geographic modifiers are not good fits because we can only lease them in a single metro area.
Orthodontist.net, AutoCare.org, and YogaStudio.co
- Root Orange is limited to .com’s among generic TLDs for now. We will add also add cc TLDs in the future.
AntivirusSoftware.com or Boardgames.com
- Products that are likely to be offered online via download or an e-commerce portal are better used in e-commerce applications instead of Root Orange’s localized leasing.
OnlineBooks.com and eTaxConsulting.com
- Any domain that implies a service is offered primarily online means it is not useful to a local business.
- Local businesses do not want to pay to market their free services.
BestNewHomes.com, AnyToilerRepair.com, and BuyUsedCars.com
- Domains with adjective or verb modifiers usually have low organic search volumes and are therefore less likely to deliver a sufficient ROI for our customers.